It’s been an interesting year
for Adobe Business Catalyst, with a lot of work, but also great results, new features launched and a great MAX Unconference, where BC team and partners
got together for inspirational discussions and 2016 planning.
We look back with pride and we hope you look back with satisfaction. For those of you who could attend neither our Unconference nor the end-of-the-year Townhall, here are some of the most important steps forward we have made in 2015:
- Liquid Markup - enabled for all BC users; we implemented new series of filters: Globals, Conditionals, Loops, the ability to get data out of BC;
- Open Platform – made constant improvements:
- Offers the ability to build admin apps;
- Over 60 APIs available using OAuth access tokens;
- Allows server-to-server authentication.
- New module syntax
- New admin editor (work in progress)
Support & documentation
- The Developers documentation was reorganized; we added Cheat sheet, a great resource for finding quickly what you need in terms of tags & liquids;
- We updated the knowledgebase - improved layouts, added new features (Quick links, Recent articles, “How to” articles), re-created the partner documentation;
- We updated the support workflow;
- The search process was improved by using Google search appliance.
Core features updates
- Added the Stripe payment gateway
- Blog post featured image
- Automated transfer site process
- Web app updates
- Improved spam protection for forums and comments
- We updated all the .NET & MS SQL servers, changed Load balancers and Monitoring, redone the PCI audit, made some Security enhancements, which led us to 100% uptime in the second part of the year;
- Managed to smoothly transition more than 100.000 paid sites to the new infrastructure and few hundred thousands trial sites.
We have started working on a new design for our BC site and also on enhancing our library of templates.
Our BC community has been constantly growing, we now have 16760 Facebook followers and many, many friends willing
to give a hand to beginners and professionals alike, on our very active forums.
Thank you for your permanent feedback, for your criticisms and your appreciation. Thank you for being part of a great 2015!
*Image courtesy of Anoop Krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net