Our migration procedure has undergone a new series of testing, and we are now confident that we can proceed without any further interference.
As such, we will resume the migration with the first part, on Saturday, October 12th 2013.
As previously detailed, we will be having a two step procedure to migrate our Sydney data center to a new location. On Saturday, October 12, 2013 the Partner Portal, Business Catalyst website and main user/DNS management components will be migrated to the new Amazon Web Service infrastructure. As part of the migration process some areas of all sites will experience an offline maintenance window of up to 9 hours. Please see below the full details of the maintenance and downtime expected.
- Procedure: Migrating all services currently hosted on the master Sydney data center to the new AWS infrastructure
- Target start time*: 6 PM AEST (Check local times here)
- Target end time*: 3 AM AEST
- Duration: We are targeting an 9 hour migration window. The migration window may vary, and we will be sure to keep you informed of any changes.
* Start time and end time are estimates. Depending on actual conditions on the day the start and end of the migration may vary.
Services unavailable during the migration
During the migration window the below areas will be affected:
- Some areas of the Admin Console for all sites on Business Catalyst, irrespective of where they are hosted. Areas related to creation of users, e-mails and sites will be the ones affected.
- All pages in Partner Portal
- Creating an admin user and e-mail password will not be available on all sites hosted with Business Catalyst
- Reset password link
- Change password link
- Create site
- Trial signup
- Online Business Builder
- Publishing from Muse and Dreamweaver will not be available during this timeframe
- Help and support areas will not be available during the maintenance window
Second migration to follow
The second part of the Australian datacenter migration will take place within the next few weeks. In this second part the websites hosted on the Australian datacenter will move to their new location. Detailed communication on this will be available once we approach the migration day.
Updating your DNS settings
If you have not already updated the DNS settings for your client sites, please do so as soon as possible. You are already past the deadline and failure to do so will result in your sites being unavailable following the migration. For further instruction on how to migrate your DNS settings, please refer to the dedicated migration site.
Stay up to date
Our team will provide constant updates during the migration process. To keep up to date, please follow our blog and Twitter feeds. There, you will find constant updates prior to and during the migration, while our dedicated page on the migration website will provide constant updates during the migration itself.
The Adobe Business Catalyst Team