In this month’s podcast, Dave Haggblad from Digital Ink Multimedia shares how he uses WHOSAYDO to make his clients' sites more successful.
Tune in for Episode 46 of the Business Catalyst podcast!
Listen to this month’s podcast:
Simply click the play button below to stream the podcast via your browser.
Alternatively, you can download the podcast in .mp3 format for offline listening.
In this episode:
- Michael Sallander announces the BC App of the Month
- Dave walks through Digital Ink Multimedia’s process
- Dave explains the value of WHOSAYDO
In this month’s interview Dave explains the three questions he asks before starting a project. He calls this process WHOSAYDO.
Who are you trying to talk to?
"When you talk to everybody you are talking to nobody"
Build a profile of your ideal customer. Be very specific. It should really feel like you’re talking to one person. Don’t worry, the rest of your clients will still hear the message, but your target clients, the ones you love to work with, will feel like your speaking just to them and that’s very powerful.
What are you trying to say to them?
"You can't have a website that says 50 things. No one will hear it."
What is your primary message? What is your secondary message? Everything you do with design and content should support the primary or secondary message.
What do you want them to do?
Make it clear how to take an action. Don't leave your visitor at the bottom of the page. After consuming your carefully crafted content, don’t leave your prospect not knowing what to do next. Don’t assume they will know how to contact you, sign up for your newsletter/course, or buy what you’re selling. Make it really clear what the next step is.
To learn more, listen to the entire interview.
Scott B Reynolds - Thrise
Resources mentioned in podcast:
- Building an App in an Hour (Webinar Recording) - http://businesscatalyst.com/bc-blog/webinar-recording-build-an-app-in-an-hour-with-michael-sallander
- Digital Ink Multimedia - http://www.digitalinkmultimedia.com/
- BC App Store - http://www.bcappstore.com/
- BC Gurus - http://www.bcgurus.com/