Dave and Kim Kolb share experiences in growing their business, Hightouchweb.com – ideas that could help grow your design business.
After meeting at a resort, falling in love and being laid off at the 2000 tech bubble burst, Dave and Kim decided it was time to build their own Web company.
By combining and complementing their strengths in strategy, design and marketing, HighTouchweb.com was born.
- Finding motivation in each other and maintaining a "CAN DO" attitude, to get through the tough times.
- Have fun doing it - Love what you do and "whatever you do", do it well.
- Taking time to follow up with every client (Kim sends personal welcome cards to every one of their customers).
- Dave shares his feelings on building their own CMS and the pain of using lots of 3rd party open source plug-ins, that didn't always work.
In their words:
- Keep it simple and excel at the basics.
- Don't be all things to all people, you'll drive yourself crazy.
- Know who you are and what you do.
A Business Catalyst feature that benefits their clients:"We view InContextEditing as the strongest sales tool within the tool set that BC offers. You can take a mere mortal and have them updating their website in no time with little or no training. The power this gives the client is priceless. They feel like they are actually participating."
I hope you enjoy hearing some of their story as much as I did.