This is a note to inform you that the scheduled system upgrade for last Tuesday 25 August was canceled due to the Quality Engineering team detecting 2 bugs that warranted a roll-back. The bugs were found during the validation stage of the deployment and included:
- Web-App items displaying full HTML markup in the editor while it was in 'Design' mode when they should have been marked-up while being edited. For example text that should have been bold was displayed as <strong>text</strong> in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Comments previously submitted with an empty 'Website' field would cause 'An Error Occurred' screen when the comments were viewed in the Admin Console.
Although these issues seem relatively minor the engineering team decided the most prudent course of action was to rollback the release, investigate the causes and fix the bugs rather than continuing ahead and introducing them into the production environment.
We have now fixed the bugs and rescheduled the system upgrade for next week
. I've listed below the deployment time across the major timezones our Partner Community is present in:
- Tuesday 31 August 1:00 AM PDT (San Francisco)
- Tuesday 31 August 4:00 AM EDT (New York)
- Tuesday 31 August 9:00 AM BST (London)
- Tuesday 31 August 6:00 PM AEST (Sydney)
While we do not anticipate any major disruptions to Business Catalyst service the system upgrade will take a few hours. During this time you may experience some slight degradation in system performance and it is advisable to schedule your work and client demos around this window.